PURPOSE OF THE PhD Awards:
- To sponsor research by PhD students currently enrolled at an Australian university into the incidence, cause, diagnosis, and treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorders and the principles of behaviour of individuals who may be diagnosed as having an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- To sponsor Australian research into the social, educational and recreational requirements of individuals with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- To fund pilot or start up projects in order to position the researcher to subsequently seek more substantial funding from other sources.
- The funds available for research awards each year represent interest on the corpus of The Apex Foundation Trust for Autism.
- The Apex Foundation seeks requests for grants via the Australasian Society for Autism Research via its Executive Committee.
Up to $2,700 is available for award to two or more Ph.D. students currently enrolled at an Australian university to assist them to conduct their PhD research project.
Individual awards will not exceed $1,500.
Due date: 5pm Australian Western Standard Time, Monday 30th September 2013
See Application Form for more information.