SAAIF, along with partner organisations DHS and Scope, invites you to attend our inaugural Autism Conference that explores life “Beyond Early Intervention – A Journey into the Life Spectrum of ASD “.
This exciting event features world-renowned experts from the US and Australia and provides invaluable insights into the challenges and triumphs experienced by those living and working with autism in our community.
- John Elder Robison – NY Times best-selling author, diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome
- Rudy Simone – Author, singer, songwriter, screenwriter comedian, Aspergirl!
- Wendy Lawson – Psychologist, Counsellor, Social worker, Poet, diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome
- Nicole Rinehart – Professor, Clinical Psychology, Deakin University and Adjunct Professor, Clinical Psychology at Monash University.
… over 18 workshops including:
· Asperger’s on the job: Rudy Simone
· Being a behaviour Detective: Cristina Isaac
· School Issues – Strategies and Success: Amanda Curtis and Lyndel Kennedy
· Imagine having Asperger’s Syndrome – a first consultation: Richard Eisenmajer
· Supportive Environments for Tweens and Teens: Wendy Lawson
· Building social connections and communication: Sean Fitzgerald
· Creating Positive Partnerships in school communities: Wendy Holcombe and Lauren Bourke
· Bio-medicine and Autism: Dr Mark Read – Mindd Foundation
… and an exclusive gala dinner with a difference!
Join us in creating meaningful collaborations and connections within our community, so that together we can work toward greater awareness, acceptance and understanding of children, teens and adults on the Autism Spectrum.
Help us to make this conference a catalyst for change; change in how we think, act and respond to Autism – at home, at school, at work and in life.
Early Bird registrations are open until June 28th – just $365 for both days ($285 concession) or $190 for one day ($145 concession).
To register, visit www.saaif.org.au or call 1800 778 008.
SAAIF is offering payment plan options and potential avenues of financial assistance. And for parents and carers whose child has funding available through the HCWA package (FaHCSIA), please contact us to discuss the possibility of recovering the conference registration price via this resource.